What are semi-permanent individual eyelash extensions?
- Semi permanent eyelash extensions are synthetic eyelashes of varying lengths, thicknesses and curl shapes to suit the individual wearer. The lashes are carefully attached to each individual natural lash with a specially developed medical grade adhesive (bond). The process can take anything from 1.5 – 2.5 hours depending how many natural lashes you have and the fullness you aspire to.
What are the benefits of Eyelash Extensions?
- Your eyelashes will be longer, thicker and darker, framing and brightening your eyes, giving a more youthful look.
- You will not need to apply and remove mascara each day.
- They are completely waterproof, so you can swim, gym and cry with no fear of smudges or streaks.
- Your eyes will be ‘ready to go’ when you wake up in the mornings.
- Eyelash Extensions add real value to your beauty routine, saving you time and trouble each day.
- If you have short, fine, sparse or very fair natural lashes, Eyelash Extensions are the perfect solution.
What do they feel like?
- You won't know you have them on, unless you look in the mirror, your Eyelash Extensions will feel completely natural and part of you.
How long will they last?
- With the correct aftercare, you should still have retained around 40% of your lash extensions at around 3 weeks. The other 60% will have fallen with the natural shedding cycle of your own lashes. Just like the hair on your head, you will lose a few natural lashes on each eye every day, taking the extension with it.
- If you wish to retain your eyelash extension look, you will need to return to me for a ‘maintenance’ appointment every 2 to 3 weeks.
- At a maintenance appointment, I will be able to remove any grown out or wayward extensions and replace, applying new Eyelash Extensions to any reasonable length natural lashes as I go along, leaving you with a full set of Eyelash Extensions.
- Despite popular belief, there is no reason to have a break from Eyelash Extensions. So long as your aftercare is good, you can have great lashes all of the time. However, if you have your Eyelash Extensions for a special occasion or holiday you can just let them fall out with your natural lash cycle and return to using mascara or tint.
How do I take care of my Eyelash Extensions?
- You have invested in Eyelash Extensions, so you need to look after your investment!
- You can look after your Eyelash Extensions by doing a few simple things that will keep them looking their best and achieve optimum retention:
- The first 5 hours - Avoid soaking your new lashes, so no gym, saunas or swimming, you can shower but don't get too much water over the lashes.
- Never use mascara on your lash extensions, this will clog them up and make them fall off, it is also extremely difficult to remove mascara from eyelash extensions thoroughly without removing the extensions.
- Avoid using oil based products over and around the Eyelash Extenstions. Oils in products will soften the glue, loosening the bond resulting in premeture loss of your extensions.
- Things to avoid around and over your eyelash extensions:
- Facial moisturisers and serums
- Cleansing Wipes, they are usually full of oils
- Hair serums and products
- Rinsing your hair conditioner off forwards
- Ongoing, it is important to gently cleanse your eyelids and lashes with a soft washable brush and foaming lash shampoo to remove any make up, dead skin cells and natural skin oils, then rinse away with clean warm water. (Aftercare kit available to purchase from me). Brush through every morning with your free spooly brush to separate and fluff them up.
- You must avoid rubbing or pulling at your lashes, if you pull your Eyelash Extensions out, you will also pull out your natural lash, as the bond is very strong.
Can I use mascara?
- No, not if you would like infills regularly. You can use oil free mascara on your lower lashes but you must remove each night before you sleep with an oil free make up remover.
Can I use eyeliner?
- No, this will have the same impact as above. The whole point of lash extensions is to save time and money by not needing to wear other eye make up.
Can I still wear contact lenses and glasses?
- Yes, of course you can, the Eyelash Extensions will not affect either. It is entirely up to you as to whether you remove your contact lenses whilst having your extensions applied, some people prefer to keep them in, some remove and pop them back in to marvel at the result after!
Are there any risks?
- Your eyes are very precious and delicate and should never be compromised just for the sake of beauty by inferior products or services. When eyelash extensions are applied by a professionally trained skilled technician, using good qualtiy products, there are relatively no risks. However, to eliminate any potential risks, you must have a sensativity patch test and consultation at least 24 hours prior to application. This will take around 20 mins of your time but is essential. Although a patch test is a good indicator as to whether you may have a reaction to the glue, there is never a guarantee that you won't, even if your patch test is negative. Any technician that tells you otherwise is not being honest. A small percentage of people do have a reaction to the glue, leaving the sclera (the white part of the eye) bloodshot and the eyelids can swell. This is not usually uncomfortable and usually subsides after around 24 hours.
- I use products and glues which have CE Certification, which means that they conform to European Product Standards, ensuring rigorous testing and high standards of safety, production and quality.
What happens during the treatment?
- Eyelash Extensions are not one size fits all and together at your consultation, we will have decided on the length, thickness and curl shape to suit your needs and acheive the look you want.
- You will be lying down with your eyes closed throughout the treatment. Your lower lashes will be gently held down with specially designed sticky pads, ensurig they are away from your upper lashes. I will gently isolate each individual natural lash with a specially designed pair of tweeezers. I will then place on each lash one Eyelash Extension and move from eye to eye to ensure an even coverage of extensions.
- You will have my undivided attension at all times. Most people find the treatment very relaxing and even have a little nap! Once the treatment is over, you can marvel in the mirror at the result. I will give you a little disposable mascara brush which you can gently use to brush and separate your lashes each day.
How much do they Cost?
- Patch Test & Consultation Free
- Volume Eyelash Extensions 3 - 9D £30.00 per hour + £5.00
- Classic Eyelash Extensions £30.00 per hour
- Infills £30.00 per hour
- Eyelash Tint £15.00
- Brow Tint £15.00
- Lash and Brow Tint £25.00
- Water based black mascara £14.00