What are semi-permanent individual eyelash extensions?
- Semi permanent eyelash extensions are synthetic eyelashes of varying lengths, thicknesses and curl shapes to suit the individual wearer. The lashes are carefully attached to each individual natural lash with a specially developed medical grade adhesive (bond). The process can take anything from 1 – 2 hours depending how many natural lashes you have.
What are the benefits of Eyelash Extensions?
- Your eyelashes will be longer, thicker and darker, framing and brightening your eyes, giving a more youthful look.
- You will not need to apply and remove mascara each day.
- They are completely waterproof, so you can swim, gym and cry with no fear of smudges or streaks.
- Your eyes will be ‘ready to go’ when you wake up in the mornings.
- Eyelash Extensions add real value to your beauty routine, saving you time and trouble each day.
- If you have short, fine, sparse or very fair natural lashes, Eyelash Extensions are the perfect solution.
What do they feel like?
- You won't know you have them on, unless you look in the mirror, your Eyelash Extensions will feel completely natural and part of you.
How long will they last?
- With the correct aftercare, you should still have retained around 40% of your lash extensions at around 3 weeks. The other 60% will have fallen with the natural ‘fall’ cycle of your own lashes. Just like the hair on your head, you will lose a few natural lashes on each eye every day, taking the synthetic lash with it.
- If you wish to retain your eyelash extension look, you will need to return to me for a ‘maintenance’ appointment every 2 to 3 weeks.
- At a maintenance appointment, I will be able to remove any grown out or wayward extensions and replace, applying new Eyelash Extensions to any reasonable length natural lashes as I go along, leaving you with a full set of Eyelash Extensions.
- Despite popular belief, there is no reason to have a break from Eyelash Extensions. So long as your aftercare is good, you can have great lashes all of the time. Alternatively if you have your Eyelash Extensions for a special occasion or a holiday, you can just let them fall out with your natural lash cycle and return to using mascara or tint.
How do I take care of my Eyelash Extensions?
- You have paid for your Eyelash Extensions and you want them to look good and last for as long as possible and so do I.
- You can look after your Eyelash Extensions by doing a few simple things that will keep them looking their best and achieve optimum retention:
- The first 24 hours - Avoid soaking your new lashes, so no saunas or swimming, you can shower but don't get too much water over the lashes.
- Avoid using oil based products over and around the Eyelash Extenstions. Oils in products will soften the glue, loosening the bond resulting in premeture loss of your extensions.
- Things to avoid around your eyelash extensions:
- Facial moisturisers and serums
- Hair serums and products
- Rinsing your hair conditioner off forwards
- Even make up remover and cleansing wipes are usually oil based, so avoid using these over the lashes too.
- Ongoing, it is important to gently cleanse your eyelids and lashes once each day with a soft washable brush or disposable eye-shaddow applicator sponge and, a little diluted baby shampoo or oil free eye make-up remover to remove any make up, dead skin cells and natural skin oils. Brush through every morning with your free spooly brush to separate and fluff them up.
- You must avoid rubbing or pulling at your lashes, if you pull your Eyelash Extensions out, you will also pull out your natural lash, as the bond is very strong.
Can I use mascara?
- It is not recommended that you use mascara over the Eyelash Extensions, however, if you do feel the need to 'top up' before your next infill, make sure it is an oil free mascara, specifically developed for use on eyelash extensions, which I can provide you with. Never put the mascara on the base of your lashes, only the mid lengths and ends, and always remove each night before you sleep with an oil free make up remover.
Can I use eyeliner?
- If you like to use eyeliner, particularly on your eyelid, again it is essential that you use an oil free one, specifically developed for using with eyelash extensions. I also stock these.
- You should also avoid cotton wool or cotton wool pads when removing any make up around your eyes as these can leave fibres on the glue bonds.
Can I still wear contact lenses and glasses?
- Yes, of course you can, the Eyelash Extensions will not affect either. It is entirely up to you as to whether you remove your contact lenses whilst having your extensions applied, some people prefer to keep them in, some remove and pop them back in to marvel at the result after!
Are there any risks?
- Your eyes are very precious and delicate and should never be compromised just for the sake of beauty by inferior products or services. When eyelash extensions are applied by a professionally trained skilled technician, using good qualtiy products, there are relatively no risks. However, to eliminate any potential risks, I do insist that you visit me for a consultation and skin patch test at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. This will take around 20 mins of your time but is essential. Although a skin patch test is a good indicator as to whether you may have a reaction to the glue, there is never a guarantee that you won't, even if your patch test is negative. Any technician that tells you otherwise is not being honest. A small percentage of people do have a reaction to the glue, leaving the sclera (the white part of the eye) bloodshot. This is not usually uncomfortable and usually subsides after around 24 hours.
- I use products and glues which have CE Certification, which means that they conform to European Product Standards, ensuring rigorous testing and high standards of safety, production and quality.
What happens during the treatment?
- Eyelash Extensions are not one size fits all and together at your consultation, we will have decided on the length, thickness and curl shape to suit your needs and acheive the look you want.
- You will be lying down with your eyes closed throughout the treatment. Your lower lashes will be gently held down with specially designed sticky pads, ensurig they are away from your upper lashes. I will gently isolate each individual natural lash with a specially designed pair of tweeezers. I will then place on each lash one Eyelash Extension and move from eye to eye to ensure an even coverage of extensions.
- You will have my undivided attension at all times. Most people find the treatment very relaxing and even have a little nap! Once the treatment is over, you can marvel in the mirror at the result. I will give you a little disposable mascara brush which you can gently use to brush and separate your lashes each day.
How much do they Cost?
- A full set of synthetic Semi Permanent Individual Eyelash Extensions £55.00
- Infill at 2 weeks or less £25.00
- Infills at 3 weeks £30
- (Anything over 3 weeks and 3 days will be classified as a full set)
- XD Volume Fans using 3D to 6D £65.00
- 2 week fill £30.00 3 week fill £35.00
- Eyelash Tint £10.00
- Brow Tint £10.00
- Lash and Brow Tint £15.00